Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Burt Reynolds

Burt Reynolds is one of my favorite contemporary actors. I've always liked his action roles, but particularly enjoy his comedy-action movies, such as the "Smokey and the Bandit" and "Cannonball Run" movies. I also liked his short-lived tv series from 1989, "B.L. Stryker", and the four years of "Evening Shade" in the early 1990s.

I wrote to him at a home address I obtained from another collector, in 1982. It was on North Carolwood Drive in Los Angeles. I sent him a photo, and a note card with a reproduction of one of his paintings. He signed the photo, as well as the inside of the note card. The front and back of the card can be seen here.

The note card was part of a series of such cards sold by the humane organization Actors and Others for Animals, in the 1970s.

Here's the painting in its proper horizontal perspective:

I'm looking forward to the dvd release of the first season of "Evening Shade" in July.

No comments: