Monday, May 5, 2008

Bob Cummings

Robert Cummings was a leading actor in movies from the 1930s right into the 1970s. He appeared as a guest on many tv shows from the 1950s through the 1970s, but also had his own series three times: two were named "The Bob Cummings Show" and one was "My Living Doll".

Mr. Cummings was renowned for keeping healthy and fit, very big on proper nutrition. He always looked very youthful even into his senior years.

In 1982, I wrote to Mr. Cummings, providing the photo. He returned it promptly, with this inscription, which is one of the finer ones in my entire collection: "Continued great good fortune, perfect nutrition, health and happiness, $uccess!!" - very encouraging!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bob Cummings was one of my favorite actors. His pleasant personality was probably the reason. However, I seem to recall an unsavory character he played in a movie, either as a coward or the baddie, but I cannot recall the name of the movie. Can you enlighten me?