Thursday, February 14, 2008

Bill Murray

Bill Murray has been one of my favorite contemporary comedy actors since I first saw him on the "Saturday Night Live" tv show in the 1970s.

Among my favorite Murray movies are "Caddyshack", "Stripes", "Ghostbusters", "Groundhog Day", "Quick Change", "Broken Flowers", and, well, there are several others, too, so I won't list more.

In 1997, I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Murray. It was in New York City, and he was to be the Recipient of the Sons of the Desert Annual Comedy Performer Award on April 19th. I brought along a color portrait-scene photo, which was purchased for me a few days earlier by my good friend Peter, who accompanied me to the banquet. Mr. Murray signed the photo just before dinner was served.

After the dinner, the award was presented to our special guest. While taking a break in the outer hall, Peter took this picture of me with Mr. Murray.

Shown below are two photos of Murray with his award. The fellow on the left in the first photo is Jack Roth, who was the Grand Sheik of the NY SOTD Tent at the time.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a very fond memory of that evening - thanks for refreshing it!

Anonymous said...

And thanks for the autographed photo you obtained for me. It's the only one I have from Bill Murray and I hope someday to get the chance to meet him.