Saturday, March 29, 2008

Lorne Greene

Lorne Greene had been an actor since the 1950s, working primarily in tv. His most well-known role will always be as 'Ben Cartwright' on the tv western series, "Bonanza" in the 1960s.

When I moved to Los Angeles in 1974, I took advantage of some of the tourist attractions that I didn't see while on my vacation the previous summer. On Sunday, November 3, I took the tour of Universal Studios. At the very end of the tour was a podium setup, on which sat Lorne Greene, promoting the soon-to-be-released feature "Earthquake". He was quietly sitting there, autographing 5x7 photos that were stacked in front of him. I walked up to him, introduced myself and shook his hand, and then he promptly signed a photo and handed it to me. Then I hung out for a few minutes and took a few photos.



No comments: